Monday, April 14, 2008

Like Christmas in My Mailbox


*Used with permission from Urbanmedium.com . Check them out. Buy some shit.
*
*
I was stuck at work late tonight when I heard that my dictator had arrived. Knowing that the prints that I had been tucking away money for had arrived made it even harder than usual to stay in the office until 7:30. As soon as I got home I opened the tube to behold Kim Jong iLL in all his glory. Really nice work. The only thing that will make me happier is getting them framed and up on the walls. Can't wait.
*
In other sort of related news, an old friend, Laura Alexander turned me on to an event happening this Saturday. The Agora (sick of links yet?) seems like a great idea. It brings together hundreds of pieces of art, see a ton of local bands and go through fifty studios. Laura has studio space at Junctionview Studios (site of The Agora) and organizes other shows that take place on a regular basis. I haven't seen her since I was in highschool, but can't wait to say hi and check out some of her glass work in person. The photos I have seen look really great.
*
You should come hang out Saturday night. Seriously. What else do you really have to do?

No comments: