Thursday, January 8, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright for Blogging

Jen had to get up this morning to go do Saturday School this morning, leaving me to sleep in. I woke up slowly, and decided to stay in bed for a bit. I switched on the television and was flipping through the channels when I heard something thump downstairs. I muted "Eastern Promises" and listened. Another pop, and what sounded like the back door opening. Jen wasn't due home for another couple of hours, I thought.

So, I jumped up and stood at the top of the stairs, waiting for what I was sure was the nosiest ski-masked cat burglar to go walking from the kitchen to the living room. Instead, I heard the more familiar sounds of Jen tossing her bag on the table and kicking off her shoes.

Since she was home early, and we don't care much for people, we thought we'd head out to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button before the crowds hit. Sure enough, there were a total of six people in the theater, and I got all lost in the movie. David Fincher is doing OK these days.

After the movie we grabbed some soup for lunch and then I used the last of my Christmas gift cards at Barnes and Noble on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot on vinyl (thanks for all the records, mom). I haven't listened to it yet (on vinyl, that is), but tomorrow I'll be locking myself up in the den to go through it cover to cover.

I tried to talk Jen in to hitting some record stores "just to look around", but shockingly, she wasn't into it. I don't understand how anyone couldn't be interested in going through every rack from A to Z looking for all the cool shit that gets put away in the wrong places. Seriously, what's wrong with her?

Tomorrow will be more of the same, I'm sure. We're kind of in this housebound stretch, and while I don't mind it for now, I find myself wishing for Spring already. I'll fend off some of the restlessness by cleaning some, and trying to run for at least two straight miles on the treadmill. I know that might not sound like a lot for some of you, but for the big boy that will be a pretty stout accomplishment.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday night's alright.

Unknown said...

Ah, Anonymous...Whoever you are, I love you.

Stephen