Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend

My wineglass must be broken. Every time I reach for it, it's empty. I don't understand.

Jen just said "I've got to stop being such a bad Buddhist. I've got to have something to teach our kid. I mean, if they're not going to have the fear of hell to keep them in line, what do we really have?"

We tried a caramel au beurre salé (or in my language a "Salty Caramel Crepe") from "A Taste of Belgium" at the North Market this afternoon. Yes, please.

Every year we get a few ants on the floor of our pantry. I put down a couple of ant baits, and within 24 hours they're gone. They are timely ants, but have weak constitutions.

Jen sees me typing, but keeps talking. I really don't mind for the most part.

The hummingbirds are fighting over the feeder in the front yard.

Made a big dinner tonight: Italian Herb Crusted Grilled Chicken, Stuffed Shells, and Steamed Asparagus. I don't cook often, but enjoy it when I do.

I haven't had meat (that I don't know the exact source of) for several months. Friday, Jen and I go out to dinner, and she had me try her meatloaf. I was chewing for a few delicious seconds before I remembered and had to spit it out in a napkin.

This morning we sat out on the porch for a few hours drinking coffee, me with the paper, Jen with her book. After a week of pretty intense humidity, this weekend has been perfect. It was impossible to be outside and be in a bad mood.

Really looking forward to TrueBlood tonight. The first season was a lot of fun, and the books are good fast reads. Can't wait to see what they include from the books, and what they change for the new shows.

The woman across the street burps loudly and spits occasionally.

We went out for a walk Friday night and encountered a man peeing in the bushes alongside the trail. His young daughter was ahead on the trail waiting for him where he thought she couldn't see him. Classy.

When I was a kid, my mom and grandparents would sit around and talk about the different birds that came to their feeder, and I thought I'd die with boredom just listening to them talk. Today we saw an American Goldfinch, and we both got excited. I need to write a horror story, listen to some Sonic Youth, or read a Chuck Palahniuk novel to try to regain some cool credits.

No comments: