Sunday, August 10, 2008

Punk Rock Girl Vs. The Animals

Jen says "Sup?" to a hedgehog just inside the gates to the zoo.

Jen and I spent the morning at the Columbus Zoo. We usually go over a couple of times a year, and while we always seem to have a pretty good time, I think we leave with mixed feelings. We enjoy getting out on a sunny day to see animals we would never have the chance to see in the wild, but it's quickly followed by being disappointed that everything is trapped behind glass or wire.

I get that zoos are involved in conservation and have been responsible for saving species and yadda yadda yadda...I just can't ignore the fact that there's a small voice in my head saying "Set them free!" I feed the voice whiskey and he quiets.

Like I said though...it's fun for us:
From the darkness comes (dun dun dun!) a turtle!



Even though she gets pissed that I get to be the one behind the camera
most of the time, she's a very tolerant wife.

No comments: